Friday, May 28, 2010

Like sands through the hourglass...





As I stated in my previous post, I am not patient. I am pretty sure that fact about myself was pretty high up on my list due (if you know me) to the obviousness of it's truth. 


My daughter is due Memorial Day. 


I am really not sure if she is aware...


That the weekend is perfect timing for all my friends to be able to visit me in the hospital...


That my first choice doctor is on call over the holiday weekend...

 That I have savored all there is to savor about pregnancy and I am ready for the ride to be over...


That I have already designed her birth announcement, her high school graduation announcement, and her wedding invitations in attempts to pass the time... 

That I just can't wait to meet her...

You see I am a planner and I have it all figured out...

Don't you hate that the most critical part of any plan (the actual implementation) is always in somebody else's hands?

I have become an expert at crafting (what can only be described as magnificent) plans and watching them turn to ash the minute they are handed off to a deciding body. (Could it be God is still trying to teach me patience? :-P )


Oh wait! My husband just called to inform me that he left his cell phone at home...thereby guaranteeing that she will come today.

I don't know whether to kill him or thank him.



signaturePhotobucket

1 comment:

Trudy said...

Having a baby is one of the best ways to be forced to learn patience!!! Praying for you as the day approaches--in HIS perfect timing. :-)