Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Here, There, and all Points in Between (September Word Celebration)



 Here is where I am. 
There is where all my great plans are.

There is where I am hoping to go; 
yet often when I do, I find myself wishing again for here

Here is waiting. I am not so good at that.  
Here is where God teaches me trust.

Here time stands still. Here is certain.  
There often is a lane in two directions, paved with fear and regret.

Here is where joy can be found if only I could let my mind stay.
Here is oxygen.
Here is contentment.

One of these days I may learn how to appreciate here.
I may even stop worrying about getting there and realize here is not bad at all.

Here counts blessings.
Here exhales.

There can only truly be enjoyed when it is reached by stepping and standing on the rungs of here.





signaturePhotobucket

1 comment:

Ruby Red Slippers said...

You know-I have to make a conscious decision to be "here". I am a dreamer, and always have some kind of goal or plan. I can find myself looking for "there", and not taking the time to enjoy the "here".
The older I get, the more I am able to be "here", and just enjoy today...